Women can experience vaginal dryness or itching from several causes, such as menopause, breastfeeding, and skin issues. This product is safe to use as a vaginal moisturiser, or for moisturising of sensitive mucosal tissues such as a protruding prolapse. It may be used to help insert a pessary, dilator or even a suppository. In fact it can be used anywhere on the body – we use it as a body moisturiser and heel cream! Those people who need to keep their skin moist, such as people suffering from eczema, will find it moisturises their skin to lock the bad bacteria out. It also makes a great massage oil, without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin.
- Personal lubricant for intercourse
- Intimate Cream for sensitive vulval, vaginal and anal tissues
- Massage oil
- Body and face moisturiser
- Lip balm
Claire Osterstock is a Physiotherapist in Adelaide, Australia, with a special interest in helping women and men with management of pelvic pain.
Extra virgin Olive Oil was chosen as a base, as it is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal, and is high in antioxidants, hence is self-preserving without the need to add chemical preservatives. Both Olive Oil and beeswax are anhydrous, which means they have low water activity, hence don’t grow nasty bacteria, fungi or mould. The low water content also means that they won’t interfere with vaginal pH as other substances can. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are less likely to block pores than other oils.
Application: using clean, dry hands, apply product to the required area. The product is not designed to absorb immediately, which increases the lubricating/moisturising effect. Do not add water or allow any water to enter the product as this could cause contamination.
Store at room temperature. Use within 12 months of opening.
- This product is NOT a contraceptive and has NOT been trialled for use with condoms.
- Not to be taken.
- Do not use if you are allergic to olive oil or beeswax.
- If you experience any ill effects such as redness or itching, cease use immediately. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
- If using as a heel balm, do not walk directly after application as your feet will be slippery. Use at night before bed.
Ingredients: Organic extra virgin olive oil, Beeswax. 100% NATURAL. 100% ORGANIC.
ABSOLUTELY NO chemicals, preservatives, flavours, colourings or additives.
100% Australian Made.
As we source fresh, natural ingredients, there may be differences in colour and viscosity between batches.